Soduku – The numbers’ game
There are 73 visitors online now. Most users ever online was 185 , on 3/2/2006
What is Soduku ?
The Soduku puzzle is a Japanese logic game which entered the western world in the last few months and is gaining popularity very fast.
What’s so special about this Soduku puzzle ?
First, the Soduku puzzle can be anything from ridiculously easy to fiendishly difficult.
Second, it’s a puzzle which comprises only of numbers. digits 1 to 9 actually. no need for math knowledge, you solve the Soduku puzzle with reasoning and logic
What are the rules ?
One simple rule:
“Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3×3 box contains the digits 1 through 9.”
Roll your mouse over the Soduku board on the left to reveal its solution.
I see no point in playing it …
Well, Soduku is definitely one of the more challenging puzzles you can do, you must try one to understand 🙂
Soduku will require logic on your side, and will develop your logical thinking and desicion making, especially in the harder Soduku boards.
OK! I wanna start playing
- If you understood the main, simple, idea of the Soduku puzzle, start play Soduku online, right now!
- If you’re still unsure, you can take the Soduku Tutorial
- If you want to download and print Soduku boards to play by hand, do it here
Tips for the beginner Soduku player
- Make sure you have some free time ahead
- Resist the temptation of guess and use logic instead!
- Solving time for the Soduku is typically from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on your Soduku skill and experience, so don’t quit if you’re Soduku-ing for 5 mins and getting nowhere
Getting tired of those plain 3 x 3 grid (81 squares) Suduko puzzles? The Independent ( A UK Newspaper ) has released a version in its weekend edition of a 4 x 4 grid (256 squares), called the Super Soduku.
Because we run out of numbers at 9, it uses the computer number base hexadecimal, which uses the letters a – f to signify 10 – 15.
So you actually needs to use the symbols 0 thru 9 and A, B, C, D, E and F.
If you are serious about Soduku, and by that I mean that you are interested in solving ALOT of Soduku puzzles, there are books written just for you!
Soduku books contain dozens of Soduku puzzles.
You can also think about giving a Soduku book as a present — it is a practical gift for the lovers of puzzle solving.